Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Jan. 2012 Deals!

So it's a new year and I'm planning on keeping track of my grocery budget and savings for the whole year and documenting them here. I have a family of 4 soon to be 5 and my grocery budget is $150 per month. I can spend $37.50 per week to stay in my budget of $150 per month. Here is what I have purchased so far for the month of January. 

                                                        My Wal-Mart Trip 
Spent: $15.80     Saved: $49.59    Items Purchased41 Items (evened out to .38 cents per item)
*I bought 3 Packs of Minute Maid Juice Boxes,2 Welch's Grape Juice, 4 Nesquik Milks, 6 boxes of Cheese Nips, 3 Hunt's Snack Packs, 1 Tub of Sour Cream, 2 Packs of Dannon Activia Yogurt, 3 Boxes of Mac & Cheese, 1 box of Post Shredded Wheat Cereal, 2 Bags of Ruffles Chips, 3 Cans of Muir Glen Tomatoes, 1 Starkist Tuna Pouch, 1 Pack of UP2U gum, 1 box of Hefty Trash Bags, and 2 Ruffles Trash Bags (my total came to $14.90 for these items) I then found out they were price matching Ridley's double days and went back and got 5 bottles of Mentos Gum for a total of .90 cents and 1 box of Colgate (came to free) making my grand total $15.80. (I price matched the mac & cheese, hunts snack packs, and sour cream and used doublers for the rest of the items I purchased.)


My Vitacost.Com Purchase!
Spent: $4.99 (just payed shipping)      Saved: $31.17     Items: 7 Items
*I was able to get 2 lbs of Baking Soda, 3 Bottles of Vitamins, Noxzema Cleansing Pads, and a Free sample for just $4.99! I had a $20 credit which I was able to use bringing my total to FREE I just had to pay shipping which was $4.99 + I'll be getting 8% cash back since I went through Ebates. This was a great deal for me because it would've cost me at least $5 in gas just to go to the store to buy the vitamins I needed.

Subtotal:$19.86
Promotion Discount Applied:($19.86)
Shipping & Handling:$4.99
Tax:$0.00
Grand Total:$4.99


-Bob's Baking Soda 2 lbs
-Prenatal Vitamins 60 ct.


-Vitamin B6 100ct.
-Saw Palmetto 90 ct.

-Noxzema Pads 90 ct.

-Free Sample of Moisturizer

*See this post for details on how to get a $10 credit to Vitacost and 8% Cash Back when you go through Ebates!


TARGET DEALS
SPENT: $2.06 (I still had $3.70 left on a Gift Card from my diaper deal last month and used it on this transaction)   SAVED: $29.42    #ITEMS PURCHASED: 10 Items
I bought 1 Glade Twin Warmer Refill pack, 2 Glade Candles, 2 Glade Scented Oil Candle Refill Packs, 1 Febreze  candle, 2 boxes of Mac & Cheese, and 2 Boxes of Aquafresh Toothpaste

My Fred Meyer's Trip


My Walmart Trip
Spent: $16.52     Saved: $46.08     Items Purchased: 43 Items
I got 3 Hunt's Pudding Packs, 6 cans of Dole Pineapple, 8 Starkist Tuna Pouches, 2 Bags of Tillamook Shredded Cheese, 2 Yoplait Yogurt 32 oz Tubs, 2 Old Orchard Juices, 2 Cans of Muir Glen Tomato Sauce, 2 lb Bag of C&H Powdered Sugar, 1 Tub of Argo Corn Starch, 1 Betty Crocker Cookie Pouch, 2 bags of Haribo Gold Bears, 1 bag of Rips, 1 Clorox2 Stain Remover, 2 Colgate Total Advance Toothpaste, 1 Dole Fruit Cups, 4 Dulcolax, 2 Scotch Brite Wipes, and 2 Eco Tools Bath Sponges
(I made money on the Eco Tools Sponges, Colgate, and Dulcolax. I price matched the cheese & juice. I used BOGO coupon for the Scotch Wipes and $1.50/1 coupon for the Stain Remover. All other items I used coupons and price matched Ridley's double days.)





Spent: $28.82 (still have a $10 catalina to use next time)   Saved: $162.58    Items Purchased: 66 Items                                                                                                                            I bought 15 cans of Campbell's soup, 6 bottles of All Laundry Detergent, 4 boxes of Finish Electrasol Tabs, 8 boxes of Hefty One Zips, 6 Del Monte Fruit Cups, 6 Bottles of Old Orchard Naturals Juice, 6 Tony's Pizza's, 2 Boxes of Emerald Breakfast To Go, 3 Kikkoman Marinades, 2 Stayfree Pads, 2 Sunbird Seasoning Packets, 4 Jars of Beechnut Baby Food, and 2 3 Packs of Kleenex
(*You can click here to see step by step how I did this deal.)


My Ridley's Trip
Spent: $10.32           Saved: $19.80            #Items Purchased: 10 Items
I bought 4 boxes of Toaster Strudels, 4 boxes of Go-Gurt, and 2 Yoplait Kids Trix yogurt packs. (1 box of Toaster Strudels and 1 box of Go-Gurt not pictured because I left it at my parents house for my kids to have.)



My Winco Trip
Spent: $14.28            Saved: $8.00              # Items Purchased: 9 Items
-I bought 5 packs of Frigo string cheese, 2 Seneca Applesauce 6 packs, and 2 bags of Snyder's Pretzel Dipped Sandwiches
(I wanted to stock up on string cheese it was only $1.98 after my $1/1 coupon, the applesauce was $1.58 and I had $1/2 coupons making it $1.08 each not a great price but I wanted to use my coupons before they expire since I don't think we'll get doublers before then. The Snyder's were on sale for $1.48 I used $1/1 coupons making them .48 cents.)



My Albertson's Trip
Spent: $2.34      Saved: $36.03      
# Items Purchased: 17 Items


-I bought 6 Hunt's Pasta Sauce, 3 Hunt's Pudding Packs, 2 Bags of Goldfish, 2 boxes of Pasta, 1 box of Oatmeal, 2 Glade Refills, and 1 package of Chorizo


(I had a coupon for FREE hot cereal up to $2.50 and I used my $10 catalina from last week. The Glade was on clearance for $1.89 and I used a $2/2 coupon. I also used a .45/3 hunt's coupon, and 2 $1.50/1 pasta sauce wyb1 box of pasta coupons.) 
Product NamePart No.QuantityItem PriceTotal Price
Perfection in 5 Mineral Makeup Kit
Foundation Color: Light
1$0.00$0.00
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00

$0.00
My Mineral Makeup Kit Order
Spent: $1.00            Saved: $33.95           # Items Purchased: A 9 Piece Kit
*I had a $15 credit to use through Eversave and this Mineral Kit was only $16 with free shipping so all I had to pay was $1.00 for the voucher.


My Albertson's Trip
Spent: $4.97        Saved: $19.00          # Items Purchased: 3
-I got 3 bottles of Arm & Hammer laundry detergent.
(They were on sale for $1.99 and I used a $1/3 coupon.)

My Walgreens Trip
Spent: $0 (FREE)           Saved: $8.92              # Items Purchased: 9 Items
-I bought 8 Arizona Drinks and 1 box of Walgreens Spoons.
(I used a $2 RR and $3 RR from last and an in-ad coupon for the Arizona drinks.)


My Walmart Trip
Spent: $31.33       Saved: $97.63      # Items Purchased: 76 Items
-I bought 6 boxes of Capri Suns, 4 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats, 8 boxes of Ocean Spray Fruit Snacks, 2 packs of 4 double Roll Angel Soft Toilet Paper, 2 packs of White Cloud 6 Triple Rolls Toilet Paper, 2 Transformers Kre-o Sets, 2 Welch's Essentials Juice, 2 Reach Floss, 2 UP2U gums, 4 Yoplait Lactose Free Yogurt Cups, 5 Yeast Strips, 8 Carmex, 1 Chapstick, 2 Carefree Actifresh Liners, 10 cans of Dole Pineapple, 5 Suave Deodorant, 2 Jars of Pace Salsa, 1 Box of Jolly Time Popcorn 10 ct, 1 Betty Crocker Bonus size cookie pouch, 2 Jars of Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 1 Glass Plus Cleaner, 1 Florida's Natural Grapefruit Juice, and 2 Reynolds Baking Cups
*Click here to see a breakdown of how I got these deals at Walmart.




My Walmart Round Up Trip
-I bought 6 rolls of Bounty Paper Towels, 4 Nabisco To Go Cookies, 4 Cans of Libby's Peaches, 2 cans of Libby's Fruit Cocktail, New York Garlic Bread Sticks, 1 French Bread Loaf, 5 Blistex, 2 Starkist Tuna Pouches, 1 Sambazon Juice, 1 Hormel Country Crock Sides, Land O Frost Turkey Lunch Meat 1 lb, 8 Dawn Dish Soap, and 2 Fantastik Cleaners


Spent: $0 (FREE)           Saved: $68.16        #Items Purchased: 24 Items
-I bought 10 Wish-Bone Salad Dressings, 12 Softsoap, 1 box of Lasagna Noodles, and 1 box of Nestle Hot Cocoa
(I had overage from the softsoap so it was applied like cash to my other groceries making my total free.)





*Got these Free Samples in the mail yesterday...
-Free Dove Shampoo & Conditioner, Carefree Liner, Kleenex Cool Touch, Gluten Free Chex, and a Free Red Box code







*Got these Free samples in the mail this week...
-Atkins Starter Pack (included starter guide, carb counter book, coupons, and 3 bars), $2/1 Tide coupon, rePHresh Starter Kit (Feminine gel, week supply of tablets, box of tampons, and coupons), Poise Starter Kit (2 Poise Pads and $2/1 coupon), and Shop Runner Welcome Kit (Free Trial membership coupons for friends and family, 1 Reusable bag, and booklet), and Sample of Acne Cream with $5/1 coupon



*Got these FREE samples in the mail this week...
-Babies R Us baby formula with $2/1 coupon, Free book with a cleaning cloth, Free $10 Home Depot Gift Card (from signing up for Ebates), and $10 in Albertson's coupons

2 comments:

  1. Amanda - With what you bought I am wondering how you plan your dinners? Do you do freezer meals, do you meal plan, do you serve much fresh veggies or salad? I am trying desperately to bring my budget down still and seem to run up costs on these little things...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing this for over 5 years so I do have a big stockpile of things already in my pantry. Each week/month you get different items on sale. I stock up on things as they go on sale. I plan my meals around what I already in my pantry and the items I get on sale. For example a while ago I got a really good deal on beef and chicken and bought enough to last me for 6 months, I have boxes of pasta already on hand and this week I got pasta sauce. In the winter I use my stock of frozen veggies to cook with since they are usually lower priced then fresh produce at this time. I do still buy fresh produce to make salad. I also have produce that I've canned or froze from my garden already on hand in the winter. The key to getting the most savings is planning your meals around the items you get on sale and the items you already have on hand. I got the frozen pizzas for free so I bought 6, they are great to have on hand for something quick for my husband to make when I'm gone or a quick snack for the kids when I'm feeling sick. I rarely feed my family freezer meals. I do a lot of cooking from scratch and have staples (flour, sugar, etc) on hand in my pantry from previous sales.

    ReplyDelete